Sunday, January 18, 2009

And He Followed Jesus, Praising God!

Genesis 44; Genesis 45; Genesis 46; Luke 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Jesus Heals a Blind Beggar

35 As Jesus approached Jericho, a blind beggar was sitting beside the road. 36 When he heard the noise of a crowd going past, he asked what was happening. 37 They told him that Jesus the Nazarene was going by. 38 So he began shouting, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

39 “Be quiet!” the people in front yelled at him.
But he only shouted louder, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”

40 When Jesus heard him, he stopped and ordered that the man be brought to him. As the man came near, Jesus asked him, 41 “What do you want me to do for you?”
“Lord,” he said, “I want to see!”

42 And Jesus said, “All right, receive your sight! Your faith has healed you.” 43 Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God. And all who saw it praised God, too.

Observation

I would have loved watching this blind man as he followed Jesus praising God! I can pick up the excitement of the moment. What an unbelievable moment for this blind man and those that experienced this miracle. The crowd was telling him to “shut up” but he wasn’t about to miss his chance of being healed. I think it is interesting that he cried out, “Son of David, have mercy on me!” He didn’t say, “Jesus, have mercy on me!” He recognized that Jesus was the Messiah and it was that faith Jesus said that healed the man.

Application

The spiritually blind still need Jesus and it is our job to share with them the Good News.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open the eyes of the spiritual blind today. I pray that someone finds Jesus today as we meet for worship. I pray that people would put their faith in You today. I pray that people would make decisions today that would draw them closer to You. Thank you for surrounding me with Your Shield of Love.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: