Friday, January 30, 2009

Face of An Angel

Exodus 25; Exodus 26; Exodus 27; Acts 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 6

15 At this point everyone in the high council stared at Stephen, because his face became as bright as an angel’s.

Observation

You would think that as they all stared at Stephen as they saw that his face became as bright as an angels that with the fact of all the signs and wonders that he had done that maybe just maybe they would realize that what he was doing was from God but they didn’t care. This high council was not interested in the things of God.

The Sunday School teacher that was instrumental in my coming to faith is Christ had a face like Stephens. There was just something about him that was special. I didn’t realize it at the time, but it came from the fact that he spent so much time with Jesus … and it showed in his countenance. I can remember how that when he taught I didn’t want to miss the next Sunday. Kathy and I will be forever indebted to this teacher and his wife: Charles and Patsy Hartwig. Kathy had the same experience sitting under the teaching of Charles' wife Patsy.

Application

It is my desire to be so much like Jesus that it shows.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Stephen didn’t get to serve you very long on this earth before he was stoned, but his life continues to touch lives through Your word. May Your face shine on me in a way that causes others to see Jesus in me. I pray today for Charles and Patsy Hartwig. I pray that you give them good health. I pray that you bless them and that You smile on them and I pray that Your face shines on them. Thank you for allowing Kathy and I the privilege of being in their Sunday School class. Continue to use them to further Your kingdom at First Baptist Church of Jacksonville.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: