Saturday, January 03, 2009

Evil is Nothing New!

Genesis 6; Genesis 7; Genesis 8; Luke 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Genesis 6

5 The LORD observed the extent of human wickedness on the earth, and he saw that everything they thought or imagined was consistently and totally evil. 6 So the LORD was sorry he had ever made them and put them on the earth. It broke his heart.

7 And the LORD said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth. Yes, and I will destroy every living thing—all the people, the large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky. I am sorry I ever made them.” 8 But Noah found favor with the LORD.


Observation

Evil broke God’s heart back in the days of Noah and you better believe that it is breaking God’s heart today!

Only because He wants to give time for people to be saved is why He hasn’t wiped this world out for the final last time. He is patient and He is not willing that any should perish, but His desire is that all be saved.

Are you doing any thing that breaks God’s heart? Are you doing anything that makes God sad?

I like verse 8; “But Noah found favor with the Lord.”

Application

It is my desire to live in such a way that I find favor with the Lord. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live to please You. You are the only Person that I need to please. I pray that I would cause You to smile today and I pray that I would bring You joy today and not sadness.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: