Monday, January 19, 2009

Temple Maintenance

Genesis 47; Genesis 48; Psalm 10; Luke 19
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jesus Clears the Temple

45 Then Jesus entered the Temple and began to drive out the people selling animals for sacrifices. 46 He said to them, “The Scriptures declare, ‘My Temple will be a house of prayer,’ but you have turned it into a den of thieves.”

47 After that, he taught daily in the Temple, but the leading priests, the teachers of religious law, and the other leaders of the people began planning how to kill him. 48 But they could think of nothing, because all the people hung on every word he said.

Observation

Jesus was angry with those that had turned the Temple into a place of business and he chased all the merchants out. Have you ever thought about how He did that, Jesus was only One Person? Why did the people flee when it was just One Man chasing them out? Maybe they had watched Him perform miracles right in front of their eyes and so they knew that He was more than a prophet. God hates sin.

This passage reminds me that as Christians our human bodies are God’s temples and we are commanded to keep our bodies as a living sacrifice.

"Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" 1 Cor. 3:16

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2


Application

I will offer my body today as a living sacrifice and I will strive to keep myself free of sin.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for our new President today. Give him wisdom. Bless he and his family and help them to walk in Your ways. Protect them through all the activities of the next several days. And help me to guard my heart and keep my body clean from sin. Give me strength to say no to temptations when they come. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: