Friday, January 23, 2009

Heart Condition … Who Can Change It?

Exodus 6; Exodus 7; Exodus 8; Luke 23
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Exodus 7

1 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Pay close attention to this. I will make you seem like God to Pharaoh, and your brother, Aaron, will be your prophet. 2 Tell Aaron everything I command you, and Aaron must command Pharaoh to let the people of Israel leave his country. 3 But I will make Pharaoh’s heart stubborn so I can multiply my miraculous signs and wonders in the land of Egypt. 4 Even then Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you. So I will bring down my fist on Egypt. Then I will rescue my forces—my people, the Israelites—from the land of Egypt with great acts of judgment. 5 When I raise my powerful hand and bring out the Israelites, the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD.”

6 So Moses and Aaron did just as the LORD had commanded them. 7 Moses was eighty years old, and Aaron was eighty-three when they made their demands to Pharaoh.
8 Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron, 9 “Pharaoh will demand, ‘Show me a miracle.’ When he does this, say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down in front of Pharaoh, and it will become a serpent.”

10 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did what the LORD had commanded them. Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a serpent! 11 Then Pharaoh called in his own wise men and sorcerers, and these Egyptian magicians did the same thing with their magic. 12 They threw down their staffs, which also became serpents! But then Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs. 13 Pharaoh’s heart, however, remained hard. He still refused to listen, just as the LORD had predicted.

Observation

God can change the condition of someone’s heart I know because he changed mine. And since He softened and completely changed my heart and my life I know that He can do the same for those I pray for.

Who is on your list that you would like to see saved? Who needs a changed heart? I believe that someone prayed for me and that is why I am saved. I believe it was my grandmother’s prayers for me that caused God to soften my heart. I could be wrong but if it wasn’t her it was someone else. It could have been my R.A. counselor at the church I went to with my grandmother. He kept up with me through my entire childhood even though I had stopped going to R.A.’s when my grandmother became too sick to go to church. I remember him dropping by to say, “hi”. I know that I grew up in the thick of sin and my heart was hard, but at 19 years old I wanted a relationship with God, I wanted to turn from sin and I remember turning my life over to Jesus. He completely changed my heart; He completely changed my life!

God it did that for me He can do that for those close to me that at this moment have hard hearts and are fighting against God.

Application

I will pray for those I know who need spiritual heart surgery.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love this story of Moses against Pharaoh and how You showed Your Mighty Power and Your Unfailing Love for Your people. I know that the story is in the Bible for me and for the rest of world that You created. I pray that You soften the hearts of those I love that seem to have their hearts so hardened against You. I know that for some reason You changed my heart and I pray that You do the same thing for them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: