Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Safe In Christ!

Genesis 31; Genesis 32; Genesis 33; Luke 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Luke 13

34 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones God’s messengers! How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me. 35 And now, look, your house is abandoned. And you will never see me again until you say, ‘Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the LORD!’

Observation

Have you ever tried to mess with a hen’s chicks? Don’t go there unless you want trouble. A hen will die protecting her chicks and when there is danger the chicks run and hide under the safety of their mother’s wings. Jesus and all those listening probably saw this scene on a daily basis. All of us city folks probably don’t get the significance of Jesus’ illustration like they did when He said this 2,000 years ago.

This same city Jerusalem would soon hang Jesus on a cross and totally reject Him and Jesus knew it yet He loved them. He has the same love for us today. He wants to protect us. He wants us to become His children. Oh how He wants that … and yet He will not force Himself on us. He reaches out to us, but we have to respond to His call.

You can see God’s heart for every person in verse 34,“…How often I have wanted to gather your children together as a hen protects her chicks beneath her wings, but you wouldn’t let me.

“…But you wouldn’t let me” are some of the saddest words in the Bible! Don’t resist Christ … say “yes” to Him today!

Application

I am safely under the Wings of my Heavenly Father.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are a shield around me. I am safely under Your Mighty protection. “But you, God, shield me on all sides; You ground my feet, you lift my head high” Psalm 3:3

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: