Sunday, September 01, 2013

But As For Me, I Am Poor And Needy; Please Hurry To My Aid, O God. You Are My Helper And My Savior; O LORD, Do Not Delay.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 15; Ezekiel 16; Psalm 70; Revelation 6

But As For Me, I Am Poor And Needy;

Please Hurry To My Aid, O God.

You Are My Helper And My Savior; O LORD, Do Not Delay. 

Scripture

Psalm 70

But may all who search for you
    be filled with joy and gladness in you.
May those who love your salvation
    repeatedly shout, “God is great!”


But as for me, I am poor and needy;
    please hurry to my aid, O God.
You are my helper and my savior;
    O Lord, do not delay.

Observation

When you and I think of King David we probably only think of him as someone who killed the giant or someone that wrote most of the Psalms. We don’t think about how much of David’s life was spent hiding and running from his enemies. Most of his life was spent under the constant threat of being killed by King Saul and his other enemies.

In verse 5 we see the secret of David’s life and why he was so successful. We can see why he was one of God’s favorites.

I think it was Pastor Bruce who said that God loves everybody, but God does have His favorites. God loves every one in this world. But those of us who come to Him in humility and brokenness, we are His favorites! He delights in us. We are the apple of His eye.

Take time right now to humble yourself before God. It is the way I plan to start this day.


Application

I will pray Psalm 70:5 back to God today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am poor and needy; please hurry to my aid, O God.
You are my helper and my savior; O Lord, do not delay.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: