Friday, September 20, 2013

LORD, If You Kept A Record Of Our Sins, Who, O LORD, Could Ever Survive?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Daniel 5; Daniel 6; Psalm 130; Luke 3

LORD, If You Kept

A Record Of Our Sins,

Who, O LORD, Could Ever Survive? 

Scripture

Psalm 130

Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
    who, O Lord, could ever survive?

 
But you offer forgiveness,
    that we might learn to fear you.


Observations

I could have written about Daniel and the Lions’ den or John the Baptist this morning, but instead I will share something from Psalm 130.

Sometimes I am sure that you must think that you are one of the worst sinners on the planet. I have. Trust me if everyone could see all the sins of my life and all the sins of your life they would see that we are rotten sinners to the core. And they would realize that they are just like us!

“For all have sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23

    “But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.” Romans 5:8

    "I assure you, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. John 5:24

“He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west” Psalm 103:12

Application

I will thank the Lord today for forgiving me of “all” my sins. How about you?

Prayer

From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer. Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you. I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn. Psalm 130:1-6

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: