Thursday, September 05, 2013

I Will Reveal To The Nations Of The World My Holiness Among My People


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Ezekiel 25; Ezekiel 26; Ezekiel 27; Ezekiel 28; Revelation 10

I Will

Reveal To The Nations Of The World

My Holiness Among My People

Scripture

Ezekiel 28

"I will reveal to the nations of the world my holiness among my people."

25 “This is what the Sovereign Lord says: The people of Israel will again live in their own land, the land I gave my servant Jacob. For I will gather them from the distant lands where I have scattered them. I will reveal to the nations of the world my holiness among my people. 26 They will live safely in Israel and build homes and plant vineyards. And when I punish the neighboring nations that treated them with contempt, they will know that I am the Lord their God.”

Observation

I thought of Matthew 5:16 when I read this passage this morning. Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify Your Father, which is in Heaven. The nation of Israel had a special purpose and that was to be a light to the Gentiles.

If you are a Christian then God saved You for a purpose. It wasn’t just to give you eternal life. He saved you and He saved me so that we could be a light to the nations. He has called us to be the light in our neighborhood, in our workplace, and a light to our extended family.

They need to see Jesus in us.

As I read these chapters in Ezekiel today I am reminded that nations rise and nations fall because they are a part of God’s great plan. Nothing happens in the world without God allowing it or God causing it to happens - nothing. Just think about that for a moment! Nothing surprises Him! He is never caught off guard or caught by surprise at anything that happens on this earth!

Israel didn’t do a real great job of being a light to the nations around her. How are we doing?

Application

I will call some people today that are walking in darkness that need God’s light.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be a light that draws people to You today. Don’t let me live in darkness. Keep me away from stupid sins. It is my desire to bring You glory and honor today. Help me to reflect Your Glory to those around me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

http://www.enewhope.org/bible/

No comments: