Tuesday, February 13, 2007

If Only I May Finish The Race!

Leviticus 20; Leviticus 21; Leviticus 22; Acts 20


Scripture

Acts 20: 24b

… “if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.”


Observation

Starting something is a very good thing. I watch people start attending church and they start out strong. I watch some people get involved in a particular ministry and they start out strong. Starting is important, but God is concerned with us finishing well. When my life is over and I am ready for my “dirt nap” (that is a James Hartley expression!) I want to be able to say, “I finished the race”. How about you?

Application

Don’t drop out of the race. Don’t quit the ministry that you started. Don’t stop attending church. Finish well!




Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be challenged in scripture with the life of Paul. What an example to follow! Help me Lord to finish well. Put the right desires in my heart and give me the energy that I need to run the race. Bring people into my life that will help me run the race! You are worthy to be praised.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: