Monday, February 19, 2007

Importance of a Blessing!

Numbers 5; Numbers 6; Psalm 22; Acts 26

Scripture

The Priestly Blessing

Numbers 6:22-26

22 The LORD said to Moses, 23 "Tell Aaron and his sons, 'This is how you are to bless the Israelites. Say to them:
24 " ' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '


Observation

In Scripture, you will find that when someone blesses another person God honors that blessing. It is amazing! I was challenged about two years ago to pray a blessing for Kathy everyday as I gave her my traditional at the door good-bye kiss. Since that time, I have tried to do that everyday and it has made a tremendous difference in me. Giving your wife a kiss before leaving the house is very important, but I would say that just as important as the kiss is voicing to God a blessing for her. You can do that with your eyes wide open. It doesn’t matter to God.

What should you say? Sometimes I simply say, “Lord, bless Kathy today.” Sometimes I say, “Lord, Make your Face shine on Kathy today.” You could pray, “Lord, give her energy, give her your desires, give her boldness, give her strength, meet her needs, use her in the life of someone etc. And watch God respond in your wife’s life!


Application

If you have never prayed a blessing for your wife why not start today! If you are reading this and you are a wife, why not print this out and leave it where your husband might read it! Praying a blessing for your children is also very important as they are growing up and even as adults.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, bless Kathy today. Fill her with your joy. Meet the needs of her life today. Help her be a blessing to someone else and give her strength to do all that you want her to do today. Thank you for giving her to me as my wife. You have blessed me with a wonderful gift and a tremendous wife.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: