Saturday, February 03, 2007

Test Me!

Exodus 35; Exodus 36; Acts 10

Scripture

Exodus 36:6 “Then Moses gave an order and they sent this word throughout the camp: "No man or woman is to make anything else as an offering for the sanctuary." And so the people were restrained from bringing more, 7 because what they already had was more than enough to do all the work.”

Observation

What if we had to tell the people in our church to stop giving because we had too much? Wouldn’t that be wonderful! God says to test Him when it comes to giving.

In Malachi 3:10 God says, “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the Lord Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”

You can’t out give God and He says just try me and see if I don’t throw open the floodgates of heaven if you do!

Application

When we are encouraged to give and we give with a willing heart then God opens up Heaven and showers us with blessings.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me model giving to our people and help me to encourage them in their giving. I know that I can’t out give you. It is all yours anyway!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: