Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I Have Everything I Need!

Numbers 7; Psalm 23; Acts 27

Scripture

Psalm 23:1 “The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.”

Observation

Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need! In Acts 27 I read this morning that Paul was on a ship loaded with prisoners and soldiers (276). The ship was in a terrible storm and was about to run a ground and be broken apart. They had spent 14 days riding out this intense storm.

This is what Paul said to the men on the ship, “But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed. 23 Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me 24 and said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.' 25 So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. 26 Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island."

Did you catch what Paul said, “Last night an angel of the God whose I am”! Wow! The Lord is my Shepherd I have everything I need.”


Application

Because the Lord is “my Shepherd” there is not one thing I lack. When the storms of life come He will supply my every need!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for being my Shepherd and thank you for allowing me to be one of your sheep. Paul knew that you would keep him safe in the midst of the storm and I know that you will keep me safe too.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

luvdarodeo said...

I am so glad you do these blogs - it's like God talks to me through them everytime! They are always on the topic I need to hear about at that time. I was having a rough day/morning and now the rest of my day will be smooth sailing - b/c I have everything I need and even in storms he is ALWAYS WITH ME and I should never worry! Thanks Eddy - keep bloggin!

Sandra

Eddy Williams said...

Sandra,

Glad to see that you are back! I didn't know if you were still reading the blogs or not.

I will keep bloggin, but mainly for the discipline of writing about what I am reading everyday. Thanks for taking time to write!

Eddy