Thursday, February 15, 2007

Test Me, O LORD, and Try Me!

Leviticus 25; Psalm 25; Psalm 26; Acts 22

Scripture

Psalm 26:2 “Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;”


Observation

David told the Lord to test Him and try Him. He told the Lord to examine his heart and mind. There was a time when God closely examined David and David’s heart wasn’t right. He committed adultery and then he murdered to cover up his actions. God tested and tried David’s heart and in Psalm 51 we hear David crying out to God, “Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”

Application

God is always ready to hear our prayers and cleanse us of all unrighteousness. He is always ready to create in us a pure heart and renew a steadfast spirit within us. Let’s ask Him today to cleanse us of any unrighteousness and let’s ask Him to renew a steadfast spirit within us.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, create in me a pure heart and renew your steadfast spirit within me. Show me any sin that I need to confess. Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind. Give me wisdom to lead today and give me your ideas and may your desires be in my heart and mind.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: