Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hard Hearts!

Numbers 8; Numbers 9; Acts 28

Scripture

Acts 28:26-27

26" 'Go to this people and say,
"You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27 For this people's heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.



Observation

Some people just don’t get it do they! They hear the Gospel but they don’t really hear it. It seems to go in one ear and right out the other. Some of these people are people that are very close to us. Maybe you have a spouse, or a child, or a mom or dad, maybe a cousin, or a neighbor or co-worker that is like that!

What do you do?

For me, I am praying and asking God to soften their hearts and I am asking Him to help them hear the Gospel and understand. Don’t give up! Keep praying for them.

What else can you do?

I believe that we are to pray for them and live out the Christian life so that they may see Christ in us. When we have done that then we know that everything else is up to the Lord.



Application

Pray today for someone that doesn’t seem to hear the Gospel. How can you demonstrate God’s love to them?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, there are people that I continue to pray for that don’t seem to care about the Gospel message. Soften their hearts Father and bring them to a place of understanding. Help me to live out the Christian life in a way that touches them. Show me what I need to do to help them come to you. Thank you for the power of the Gospel!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

4 comments:

luvdarodeo said...

Yes I am still reading, not daily but I know when I'm feeling down or just need a pick me up the blogs are there & it always works. Today again you hit the nail on the head. We get so frustated at times with people who don't listen and yet all we can do is pray and live a Godly lifestyle and God will do the rest. I forget that sometimes and want to just make people understand but that's not my job, I can't do that. All I can do is pray & that's what I should do. so thanks again! See you at church! Sandra

Laura said...

Thanks for the comment!! We love and miss you and Kathy. I pray all is well there.

Love,
Kevin and Laura

Eddy Williams said...

Sandra,

Keep growing in Christ!

Keep touching lives!

Love,

Eddy

Eddy Williams said...

Laura,

Reading your blog makes me miss the beach. And we are only a few minutes away from some beautiful beaches.

Tell Kevin that I am trying to get out of my office to go fishing, but it hasn't been easy to get away.

I don't think we are going to see you this spring. I would love to go to Texas but it doesn't look promising for the spring.

Love,

Eddy