Thursday, November 29, 2007

Are You Weak Today?

1 Thessalonians 4; 1 Thessalonians 5; 2 Thessalonians 1; 2 Thessalonians 2; 2 Thessalonians 3
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

2 Thessalonians 3

3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.

1 Tim. 1:12

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service.


Observation

If you are feeling weak, I have the answer for you. His name is Jesus.

I think that it is interesting that in both of these verses the word strength and the word faithful are used. In 2 Thessalonians 3:3 Paul says that the Lord is faithful and he will strengthen and protect you, but in 1 Timothy 1:12 Paul says that he thanks Christ Jesus our Lord because Jesus has found Paul faithful. In both passages, his promise to believers is that he will strengthen us. His other promise is to protect us from the evil one. I also like this verse from today’s reading found in 1 Thessalonians 5:24 “The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.” Aren’t we glad that we belong to a God that is Faithful.


Application

I need to rely on Jesus today for my strength and thank Him that he has found me faithful to appoint me to his service.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my strength. You are my very present help in trouble. Thank you for considering me faithful and appointing me to serve you. Help me be found faithful every day. I pray for the men that I meet with every week that you give them wisdom and help them to make right decisions. Strengthen them and empower them to live victorious lives today. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: