Friday, November 23, 2007

And On This Rock I Will Build My Church

Matthew 14; Matthew 15; Matthew 16
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 16

15 "But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.
18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." 20 Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

Observation

God loves variety. Just look at this world and everything in it. God’s church is the same way. Churches are so different. Even within our denomination that has over 45,000 churches they are so different. You have the inner city church, the church out in the suburbs, and even the country church. And then there are the language churches, where the services are in the heart language of the people and are not in English.

I love going to church. I love visiting other churches. I have been to church in quite a few different countries. I have gone to church in a country where going to church is against the law. Jesus said, “I upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it”. He loves His church and so do I. How about you?


Application

This Sunday I am going to enjoy getting together with “His Church” that meets at 300 E. Sligh Ave.! I would encourage you to do the same.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for “church”. No matter where you go in this world “Your church” is on the march to get there. Nothing can stop it, nothing can destroy it, I love your church. Help your church that meets on Sligh Ave. to please you. Help us extend your kingdom. Help us reach new people. Bring people into our paths that need a relationship with you. Thank you for church! Thank you for your church that we call our church. You are so good to us. You are worthy to be praised. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: