Sunday, November 18, 2007

Summary of Paul’s Trials

Psalm 124; 2 Corinthians 11; 2 Corinthians 12; 2 Corinthians 13
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 11

What anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, 26 I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers. 27 I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 28 Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches. 29 Who is weak, and I do not feel weak? Who is led into sin, and I do not inwardly burn?

Observation

Have you had a rough week? Check out Paul’s journey and how easy he had it. When we think of the Apostle Paul we usually think of how successful he was in taking the Gospel to the Gentiles but we normally don’t think about the personal cost. Have you been hungry or thirsty, have you been beaten, or stoned because of your faith in Jesus. I didn’t think so … me either.

If you mention coming back to church on Sunday night some people think of it as a sacrifice. Hmmm.

Application

Nothing I deal with compares to the trials endured by Paul. So today I will rejoice and be glad and I will give thanks for all that He has done in my life.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, compared to what Jesus went through on the cross and compared to what Paul experienced in his ministry I should have no complaints about anything in my life. Today I give you thanks. Bring to my mind someone that needs to be drawn closer to you today so I can talk to them. Use me today Lord to draw them a step closer to you. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: