Thursday, November 15, 2007

Yes…In Christ

Job 41; Job 42; 2 Corinthians 1; 2 Corinthians 2
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

2 Corinthians 1

20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God. 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Observation

God’s promises are “Yes” in Christ. He can be counted on. What He promises He will deliver. We don’t have to wonder if God will change His mind or go back on His promise. His “Yes” is “Yes” always. Jesus Christ dying on the cross and coming back to life is God’s guarantee that He can and He will keep His promises. Have you ever found one thing that God promised that He didn’t do? Me either. He is completely trustworthy.

Application

Today I will think of God’s many promises and thank Him for being completely 100% trustworthy.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are so good. I thank you that today I can trust in you completely. Thank you for always being the same and not changing. Thank you for not changing your mind about me. Thank you for your goodness. Thank you for your kindness. Thank you for all of your promises in scripture. I love you Lord. Help me to be dependable like you and help me to think of ways I can help other people today and not think of just myself. Let my “Yes” be “Yes” today. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: