Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Therefore Go!

Matthew 28; 1 Thessalonians 1; 1 Thessalonians 2; 1 Thessalonians 3
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 28

18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Observation

I am reading a book called “Back to Jerusalem” and it is fascinating. The Gospel started in Jerusalem and spread out to the known world, but today there are countries in need of the Gospel and those countries are situated between China and Israel. The Chinese Christians are determined to take the Gospel through those unreached countries all the way back to Jerusalem. God is mightily at work in our world today. Jesus said, “that all power and authority had been given to him, therefore go…” I think that it is interesting that he didn’t say “stay and build big buildings for me”; he said, “go” and make disciples. Is it time for you and me to go?

Application

I will prepare my life to be able to go.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be ready to go when you tell me. Give me wisdom in using all the resources that you have provided us so that I don’t miss the opportunity to be obedient to your call. Thank you for my Chinese Christian brothers that are suffering so much for you today. Bless them with success. Give them thousands of souls and give them strength to continue to withstand the persecution. Open wide the doors for them to preach the Gospel. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: