Sunday, November 04, 2007

Pleasing The Crowd

Job 26; Job 27; Mark 15; Mark 16
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 15

15 Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.

Observation

The temptation for a leader to do things that will please the crowd is huge. Those who speak every Sunday run the danger of telling people what they want to hear and not what they need to hear. Pilate knew that Jesus was not guilty of the crimes for which he was being accused, but he wasn’t strong enough to do the right thing. This morning I will be preaching on a very tough subject, “What we eat and what is eating you”. I will be talking about taking care of our bodies because our bodies matter to God.

Application

May I remember today that it is my responsibility to please an audience of One!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not do things to impress people. Help me to be real, to be genuine. Help me not dodge difficult subjects, but help me deal with them in a way that brings you Glory and Honor. Help me today as I preach your word that the message would be clear. I pray for someone to trust you for salvation today. Do a mighty work in our church today. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: