Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Don’t Be Afraid

Matthew 8; Matthew 9; Matthew 10
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 10

31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Observation

Have you ever gone through the scriptures and looked for passages where God is telling us “not to be afraid”. The Bible is full of verses like this. Can you think of some? How about these for example:

Isaiah 35:4 say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you."

Isaiah 43:1 But now, this is what the Lord says-- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

Mark 5:36 ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid; just believe."

Luke 5:10 and so were James and John, the sons of Zebedee, Simon's partners. Then Jesus said to Simon, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men."

There is a reason that God repeated this over and over again in scripture and it is because we have a tendency to be afraid. What causes you to be afraid today?

Application

Fear is a lack of faith. I will believe God’s word today when He says that because I am worth much more than sparrows and He watches over them that I should not be afraid.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you know what brings fear to my heart. You know that my concern for your church many times becomes more than concern and becomes fear. Help me to trust you about the things that bring fear to my heart. You have redeemed me and you have called me by my name. I know that I am the delight of your heart. Thank you for watching over me. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: