Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Agape Love

Esther 3; Esther 4; Esther 5; Esther 6; Esther 7; Esther 8; Luke 18
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Agape Love

Scripture

Luke 18

32 He will be handed over to the Romans, and he will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit upon. 33 They will flog him with a whip and kill him, but on the third day he will rise again.”

Observation

Christ came to die for us. He knew that He would suffer. He knew exactly what was going to happen and yet He still did it for you and for me.
We don't deserve that kind of love.

Jesus wants us to love people with that same kind of love. How are you doing at loving people with that kind of sacrifice. How am I doing? Is life all about ourselves or are we focused on loving others.

I know that I am too self centered. How about you?

Application

I want to have this kind of love for those around me. Today I will think of someone that needs some encouragement and I will encourage them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for dying for me in my place. Thank You for going to the cross for me. Help me love people with that kind of love. I don't want to be so self centered. I pray that the people that cross my path today would be able to see Jesus in me. I pray for the mission team that will soon be going to Cuba. I pray that You fill them with Your Holy Spirit and I pray that all of us that are going would be totally under Your control.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: