Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Gracious Hand Of The Lord

Malachi 3; Malachi 4; Psalm 148; Acts 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


The Gracious Hand Of The Lord

Scripture

Acts 5

38 “So my advice is, leave these men alone. Let them go. If they are planning and doing these things merely on their own, it will soon be overthrown. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to overthrow them. You may even find yourselves fighting against God!”

Observation

In this chapter we have the opportunity to see how God can discipline and how He can also protect and bless those that follow Him. I love how He takes care of his disciples and how His disciples rejoiced at having the opportunity to suffer for Christ. It was a badge of honor that they would be worthy to suffer for their Savior.

Are you and I ready to suffer for Jesus? Think about that … are we willing to only receive God's blessings and not receive His suffering also?

This is an exciting chapter isn't it? We can see God's gracious hand on His disciples. We can see how He took care of them and powerfully rescued them out of the prison. He rescued them so they could once again go preach His word. Think about it He rescued them from prison but not from a flogging.

There is a cost involved in serving the Lord. There is a sacrifice that He calls on us to make. Are we willing to serve Him? Anywhere? Any time? Any place?

Application

I am willing to serve the Lord where ever He wants me to serve Him.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live out the statement that I just made about my willingness to serve You. Help me to be willing to serve You no matter how difficult the place is, or how seemingly insignificant the place is. Help me to be totally obedient to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: