Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Loud Praise!

Esther 1; Esther 2; Psalm 150; Luke 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Loud Praise!

Scripture

Psalm 150

1 Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
praise him in his mighty heaven!
2 Praise him for his mighty works;
praise his unequaled greatness!
3 Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
praise him with the lyre and harp!
4 Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
praise him with strings and flutes!
5 Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
6 Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Praise the Lord!

Observation

Loud! Psalm 150 sounds loud to me … how about you? Our church works hard at trying to keep the sound level down because our building is so alive! Sometimes it is just way too loud. Maybe it reaches the Psalm 150 level on those days.

Do you feel the excitement as you read this Psalm. It seems like the Psalmist is saying to us … let it rip! Sing and play as loud as you can to the God of the universe. He is Big so play loud. He is Big so sing with everything you've got.

If you miss the excitement in this Psalm then something is wrong with you. In the loudness of a day when the sound is too loud even for me I should remember that my God has no problem with loudness or over the top praise! Lets give Him glory even if it maxes out our ears for His unequaled greatness.

Application

I will enjoy praise and worship even when the volume exceeds my comfort level.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for music. Thank You for allowing us the opportunity to praise You. Help my attitude to be good so I can express my gratitude during our praise and worship time on Sundays. You are worthy of our praise. Help us to worship You with all of our hearts. Give me a heart that worships.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: