Monday, October 17, 2011

A Glimpse Of Heaven

Job 1; Job 2; Acts 6; Acts 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


A Glimpse Of Heaven

Scripture

Acts 7

55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”

Observation

I would love to be able to get a glimpse into Heaven but are you and I willing to pay the price for a peek. Stephen gazed steadily into heaven as he was being stoned to death. As the stones were taking his life God opened up heaven so Stephen could be encouraged during the last moments of his life.

I would love to see into Heaven, but I don't want to have that experience as stones are hitting me in the head!

God takes care of His saints. He will take care of me. No matter where He sends us He will take care of us. He might take care of us as we die for Him but He will take care of us.

Application

I will trust the Lord today to take care of me and my family.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving us this story of Stephen. It is an incredible story of both his tremendous faith and Your tremendous love. I know that You will take care of me and Kathy. You always have and You always will. Thank You for Your kindness and Your unfailing love. You are Mighty and Worthy of praise!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: