Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Faith To Raise The Dead!


Hebrews 9; Hebrews 10; Hebrews 11

Faith To Raise The Dead!

Scripture

Hebrews 11

32 How much more do I need to say? It would take too long to recount the stories of the faith of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, David, Samuel, and all the prophets. 33 By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the flames of fire, and escaped death by the edge of the sword. Their weakness was turned to strength. They became strong in battle and put whole armies to flight. 35 Women received their loved ones back again from death.

Observation

I hope that you have time to read at least Hebrews Chapter 11 this morning. Wow! What a great chapter! I couldn’t help but notice verse 35 where it says that by faith, “women received their loved ones back again from death”.

It was by faith and only by faith that I get to go to pre-op in just a minute so tomorrow I can get this dialysis catheter removed that I no longer need. I am alive to be able to go do that!

The same faith that we find illustrated in chapter 11 is still available for us today. I was dead, but the faith of Kathy, my family, our church, and believers all over the world brought me back again from death.

Everybody that has been praying for me should be very encouraged about the power of prayer. I sure am. Heaven would have been great, but I am so glad that the Lord has allowed me more time to enjoy Kathy, my family and all of our friends. Coming back from the dead gives a person a new perspective on his or her relationships. Everybody means so much more to me now!

Faith…can move mountains…Faith…can bring loved ones back again from death! Who needs your prayers? Where do you need to exercise your faith? 

God’s church is the most powerful force on this earth!  I am so glad that God’s church prayed for me!

Application

By faith I will continue to pray for those that need a miracle in their lives like my nephew Jonathan who has been in a coma like state for the past 4 years. Lets pray that God wakes him up!
Prayer

Heavenly Father, Hebrews 11 was a great chapter for me to read this morning. It encourages me to keep on praying for those around me that need to experience Your Mighty power in their lives. Thank You for moving so many people to pray for me. Thank You for answering their prayers. Nothing is too hard for You! Nothing…You are worthy of Praise! Give me more faith to believe You for even greater things during the weeks and months ahead. I know that You saved me and brought me back to this earth for a reason. Show me what You want Kathy and I to do. I am excited about our future!

No comments: