Thursday, December 29, 2011

Death Of A Saint – What An Example!


Revelation 10; Revelation 11; Revelation 12; Revelation 13; Revelation 14 

Death Of A Saint – What An Example!

Scripture

Revelation 14 

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this down: Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed, for they will rest from their hard work; for their good deeds follow them!”

Observation

In just a few minutes I will be attending the funeral of a Brother in Law’s mother. It is good to read verses like this just to help us realize that death may seem like the end but with God it is just the beginning. She was a saint in the best sense of the word. She loved the Lord with all her heart and she didn’t have any doubt where she was going to spend eternity. I loved to talk to her and with her husband when I got the opportunity because it was always a conversation about what the Lord was doing in our lives and in the lives of other people. They supported an evangelist and they would always tell me about how his ministry was going even though I had never met him. They were very proud of him.

She talked with me about a year ago about her funeral. She was preparing even then for her departure. Today she is celebrating with her husband in Heaven and with all of her other loved ones. She was and still is an incredible lady.

Here are a few passages of scripture that describe her and I hope that would describe you and me when we get ready to die. By the way, I found out the hard way that many times a person doesn’t have time to get ready to die. A heart attack, stroke, or tragic accident could happen to us at any time so you better get ready to die right now! I just went through having a heart attack, dying several times and trust me there was no time to get ready for that experience it hit me in an instance without any advanced warning. Have you trusted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and Lord? If you are a believer are you holding grudges against someone and unwilling to forgive them because of a wrong that they have done to you? Get that right today!

"Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints." Psalm 116:15

“And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.” 1 Thessalonians 4:13–14 

“O Lord, you alone are my hope. I've trusted you, O Lord, from childhood. Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother's womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you! My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection. That is why I can never stop praising you; I declare your glory all day long.  And now, in my old age, don't set me aside. Don't abandon me when my strength is failing.

O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I have constantly told others about the wonderful things you do. Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me. Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. You have done such wonderful things.  Who can compare with you, O God”? Psalm 71:5-9; 17-19
Application

I plan to always be ready to be called home to Heaven. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You love us so much and we don’t deserve any of Your love. You take care of us when we are coming into this world and You take care of us when it is our time to exit this world and go to the place that You have prepared for us – Heaven! Help me always be ready to meet You face to face. Don’t let me hold any grudges. Don’t let allow me to harbor ill feelings toward someone else. Help me to be right with You and right with all of those around me. Give me the ability to forgive. Give me the ability to love people even when they do me wrong. There is nothing more important than my relationship with You and my relationships with those around me. Who can compare with You, O God?

No comments: