Saturday, December 31, 2011

Genesis – Revelation … The Never Ending Story!


Revelation 19; Revelation 20; Revelation 21; Revelation 22

Genesis – Revelation …  The Never Ending Story!

Would You Make a Commitment to Read the Bible Through in 2012? 

Scripture

Revelation 21

 3 I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
 5 And the one sitting on the throne said, “Look, I am making everything new!” And then he said to me, “Write this down, for what I tell you is trustworthy and true.” 6 And he also said, “It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End.

Observation

Have you had a rough year? Do you wonder how your life is going to end up? Are you facing impossible situations right now? Well, if you answered “yes” to any of those questions then I would very much encourage you to read Revelation 19-20!

Sometimes life has a way of dragging us down and we somehow forget how all of this is going to end. So it is good to be reminded that if you are a Christ follower, someone that has put their faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, that your story is going to end up very good!

This past year in January I started reading in the first book of the Bible, Genesis and today on December 31st I finished the last book of the Bible, Revelation! And I can tell you that this truly is a “Never Ending Story”! I can also tell you that God wants you and I to know that we are on the winning team. Every event, every story, every character found in God’s Word has been put their by God to show us that we can trust Him. He is faithful! He will keep His promises!

In Genesis, the story is all about a place called Paradise and in Revelation the story is all about a place called Heaven. Adam sinned and was cast out of Paradise. The rest of the Bible is all about a Loving God who makes a way for all of us to be restored to the Paradise called Heaven.

The Bible is a love story. As you read it you can’t help but see how much God loves those He created. How much He loves you! How much He loves me!

Have you ever read the Bible through in a year? Since 2006 I have been reading the Bible through every year and taking the time to write about something that God showed me that day from His Word. If you look on my blog you can see that I wasn’t perfect when it came to writing something down everyday. But this habit has helped me have the desire to get up every morning and dive into God’s word! I am going to do the same thing next year and the next year and every year until the day I die. You can look and see where I go to read every day. I use my computer to read my Bible daily reading and I use a blog to write down my thoughts. It is 2 links that are book marked in my favorites and all it takes is one click and I am there ready to read. You can do it too! All you have to do is make the commitment and ask God to help you keep it.

You may not want to use your computer and if you don’t then let me suggest that you try a Chronological Bible and have a journal or a notebook close by with a pen to write down your thoughts about what you have just read. Writing something down each day helps you to remember what you have read.

Before I began using my computer to read the Bible through each year I used a Chronological Bible that gives you a Bible reading for each day.

If you do make the commitment to read the Bible through in 2012 why don’t you let me know and I will commit to praying for you!

Application

I will read the Bible through again in 2012. How about you?  

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. It has been a great year digging into all of Your Promises. You have showed me this year that You love to answer our prayers. You have showed me that You love to keep Your promises. Thank You for being so good to my family and me this year! Thank You for blessing our church in unbelievable ways this past year. I pray for our lead team. Bless them. Help them be men and women of Your Word. Help them to be strong! Keep them from sin. Protect them from the Evil One.

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”
   Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

No comments: