Monday, December 12, 2011

Importance of Praying For Others


Hebrews 5; Hebrews 6; Hebrews 7; Hebrews 8

Importance of Praying For Others
Scripture

John 17

 20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

Hebrews 7

24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. 25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

1 Tim. 2:1
    I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. NLT
Observation

While Jesus walked this earth He prayed for you and once He was taken up into Heaven He has never stopped praying for you. Jesus prays constantly to His Father on your behalf and on my behalf.  Take time to read John 17 this morning and see if I am not right. Do you want to see how the Lord Jesus Christ feels about you then read John 17?

Since Jesus is constantly praying for us we should do the same for the people around us. It is OK to pray for your own needs, but if that takes up the majority of your prayer life you are to be pitied. Jesus doesn’t mind us calling out and asking Him for help, in fact, He tells us to do so, but our higher calling is to pray for others.

Who have you prayed for over the past 24 hours? Who needs for us to intercede for them? Remember that we are Jesus’ Hands and Feet and He is whom we should imitate. Are you constantly interceding for other people? I am so glad people prayed for me. God heard their prayers and I am alive today! Praise God for people that pray for one another. God wants to work in the lives of the people around us and He will do it in response to our prayers.  
Application

I will pray for those around me and I will not quit until I see God answer my prayers. How about you? 

Prayer

Thank You Jesus for always interceding on my behalf and thank You for hearing my prayers and thank You for answering them. Help me to pray more for other people and less for myself. You are my High Priest. You are my Savior and my Lord. You are Worthy of Praise.

No comments: