Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What Is Your Picture Of Jesus?


Revelation 1; Revelation 2; Revelation 3; Revelation 4

What Is Your Picture Of Jesus?

Scripture

Revelation 1

7 Look! He comes with the clouds of heaven.
      And everyone will see him—
      even those who pierced him.
   And all the nations of the world
      will mourn for him.
   Yes! Amen!

 8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,” says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”

12 When I turned to see who was speaking to me, I saw seven gold lampstands. 13 And standing in the middle of the lampstands was someone like the Son of Man. He was wearing a long robe with a gold sash across his chest. 14 His head and his hair were white like wool, as white as snow. And his eyes were like flames of fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and his voice thundered like mighty ocean waves. 16 He held seven stars in his right hand, and a sharp two-edged sword came from his mouth. And his face was like the sun in all its brilliance.


Revelation 4

11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
      to receive glory and honor and power.
   For you created all things,
      and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

Revelation 19

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war. 12 His eyes were like flames of fire, and on his head were many crowns. A name was written on him that no one understood except himself. 13 He wore a robe dipped in blood, and his title was the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven, dressed in the finest of pure white linen, followed him on white horses. 15 From his mouth came a sharp sword to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron rod. He will release the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty, like juice flowing from a winepress. 16 On his robe at his thigh was written this title: King of all kings and Lord of all lords.

Observation

When you think of Jesus what image comes to your mind…a babe in the manger…a gentle, meek teacher? As we read the Gospels we see and experience the humanity of Christ. I am not saying that we don’t see His Deity too, but we definitely see the man Christ Jesus Who allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross for our sins.

What does the ascended Jesus look like? After He went back to Heaven to sit on the throne next to His Heavenly Father what did He look like? When He comes back again to this earth what will He look like? Will He look different than when He walked on this earth with His disciples? Oh yes, He definitely will look different.

We will see the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords in all of His Splendor and all of His Glory. He will come as Victor just look at Revelation 19:11-16. This is the Jesus that is praying for us.

This is the Jesus that has promised us:

John 14

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

John 16

33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Hebrews 7

24 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. 25 Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.

Application

When I pray I am praying to the Jesus described in Revelation 19 I am praying to the One named Faithful and True, King of all kings and Lord of all lords.

 Prayer

Heavenly Father, I can come boldly to Your throne this morning because of Jesus. Help me to keep in my mind the picture of Jesus that I find in Revelation. I pray for those who I haven’t seen at church lately. I have already mentioned them to You by name. I pray that You do a Mighty work in their lives and bring them back into fellowship with us.

“You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.” 

No comments: