Sunday, January 01, 2012

Need a Verse To Claim in 2012 … How About Luke 1:37


Genesis 1; Genesis 2; Luke 1 

Need a Verse To Claim in 2012 … How About Luke 1:37

Read more to find out why…

Scripture

Luke 1 

37 For nothing is impossible with God.

Observation

Did you take time to read Genesis chapter one and two and Luke chapter one this morning? If you did you might have noticed that the word “nothing” has a huge significance in both books.

In Genesis chapter one and two we have God creating this world and all of creation out of “nothing”. You and I might be able to create something and it might even be something very beautiful but I guarantee you that we didn’t make it out of “nothing”.

I noticed something else very interesting I don’t know if you have ever seen this or not, but in Genesis 1:14-18 the writer says that God created the Sun and the Moon and the stars and He did it just to light the earth! The universe is so big and yet all of it was created for the benefit of our tiny planet. The earth is the focus of the entire universe and God did it just for you and me. Amazing!

For 2012 I think Luke 1:37 should be a verse that we all memorize. I think that we should write it down and put the verse all over the house, we should probably put a copy in our car, and how about at our office too. I don’t know what we are going to face in 2012 but I am sure that some of those things that we are going to encounter are going to slap us against the wall called “impossible”.

God created this universe out of “nothing” just for you and me. He has told us that with Him “nothing” is impossible!

I think this is a very good word from God to start out this New Year! Don’t You?  
Application

I will trust God to do the “impossible” in my life this year! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are the God that can take and create an entire universe out of “nothing” surely You can take care of me! Help me bring You honor and glory in 2012. Help my life count for You!

No comments: