Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Prayer Rallies … It Is The Early Church Started Out!


Exodus 12,13; Psalms 21; Acts 1

Prayer Rallies … It Is How The Early Church Started Out!

Don’t Miss The Joy and Excitement Of Being A Part Of The Next Prayer Rally

Scripture

Acts 1

 8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 

 9And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 

 10And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 

 11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

 12Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. 

 13And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James. 

 14These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren. 

Observation

Our Pastor, Bruce Moore issued a special appeal for our church to come together for a Prayer Rally and that happened tonight at 7pm. I normally would have read my Bible and had my quiet time this morning but I wasn’t able to do that because I spent the night in the hospital. It turned out to be nothing. I was having chest pain but after lots of tests they ruled out that it had any thing to do with my heart. So I am a little late writing my blog. 

There was excitement tonight at the Prayer Rally. Our youth came to pray. Our children came to pray. Everyone came together to ask God to do mighty things in our church and transform the lives of those that attend. 

As I read this passage I couldn’t help but think that this was first Prayer Rally of the early church. God gives birth to the first church in Acts chapter two, but in chapter one of Acts we can feel the excitement of the disciples as they gathered to pray. Can you imagine what it must have been like to watch Jesus ascend into Heaven? As they gathered together for prayer it must have been a glorious event. I left church tonight anticipating the movement of God this Sunday because the church gathered together to pray. 

In Acts 1:8 we read that we have been given dynamite power through the Person of God’s Holy Spirit. The Bible says that we have received the same power that brought Jesus back to life.

God’s Power resides in us. 

The church is so powerful. When we come together and pray God will work and God will bless. I am so looking forward to see what God does this Sunday. I hope that you are just as excited about what God is going to do in your church as we our in ours!

Preparation for a powerful Sunday begins with us. We need to be praying together and asking God to work!

Application

I will participate in every Prayer Rally that our Pastor calls and I will do it with great joy and excitement. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I enjoyed praying tonight to You with a group of friends. Now we anticipate great things for this Sunday. We will anticipate miracles. We will rejoice over those whose lives are transformed. I pray for people to be saved this Sunday.

I pray for many people to make commitments to serve in our church. You are the Great Healer. I pray for those that are sick that need Your healing touch. I especially pray for Jene Williams who is in the VA hospital that You heal him.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: