Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Most Powerful People On The Face Of The Earth … Believers in The Lord Jesus Christ

Exodus 9,10,11; Luke 24

The Most Powerful People On The Face Of The Earth …

Believers in The Lord Jesus Christ

Scripture 

Luke 24

47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Observation

Have you been clothed with power from on high? Do you know what Jesus is talking about when He makes this statement to His disciples right before He ascends in to Heaven?

When you and I accept the Lord Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior something very significant happens to us. God Himself comes to live within us! That’s right God’s Holy Spirit comes to reside in us. He sets up house right inside our heart. 

He has given us the task of being His Hands and His feet to reach this world for Christ. And to make sure we can accomplish that task He comes to live inside every Christ follower to make sure that we are successful.

You don’t believe me? You don’t have to believe me but you do have to believe the Word of God. Here are just a few verses to show you that you and I are capable of accomplishing some very big assignments:

    But when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, you will receive power and will tell people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8

    And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. 1 John 4:13  

    And God has actually given us his Spirit (not the world's spirit) so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us. 1 Corinthians 2:12

    And the Holy Spirit helps us in our distress. For we don't even know what we should pray for, nor how we should pray. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. Romans 8:26

    For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

    I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17

    The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as he raised Christ from the dead, he will give life to your mortal body by this same Spirit living within you. Romans 8:11

    … And he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment of everything he will give us. 2 Corinthians 1:22

    Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19

Application

Because God Himself lives within me I can do anything that God places on my heart to accomplish. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You want to use us to take Your Gospel message to every people group on this earth. You live within us. We have no excuse. Help me to be the witness that You want me to be. Give me Your Heart for people. Help me to have Your compassion for those around me that don’t know You. We have been empowered by Your Holy Spirit to do great things. Use our church to be a light to the Nations. Use our church to reach the Tampa Bay area. Thank You for taking up residence inside of me. 

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

That is a great reminder that we are powerful, when God gives us a job to do he also gives us the way to get it done.