Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God Wants To Answer Our Prayers - So Keep On Asking, Keep On Seeking, Keep On Knocking!


Genesis 27; Genesis 28; Psalm 4; Luke 11

God Wants To Answer Our Prayers - So Keep On Asking, Keep On Seeking, Keep On Knocking!

Scripture

Luke 11

1 Once Jesus was in a certain place praying. As he finished, one of his disciples came to him and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

 2 Jesus said, “This is how you should pray:
   “Father, may your name be kept holy.
      May your Kingdom come soon.
    3 Give us each day the food we need,
    4 and forgive us our sins,
      as we forgive those who sin against us.
   And don’t let us yield to temptation.


9 “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

13 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”

Observation

All of today’s daily Bible readings have something to do with prayer! In Genesis 28-28 we find Jacob being blessed by God and having a vision of a stairway to Heaven with Angels coming up and down and with the Lord at the top of the stairway. The Psalmist in Psalm 4 makes this declaration about His God hearing his prayers, “You can be sure of this: The Lord set apart the godly for himself. The Lord will answer when I call to him.”

I hope that you have taken time to read God’s word today before you began to browse Facebook or consume yourself in some other busy activity. Have you let God speak to your heart? Have you taken time to meet with God so He can give you direction for this day?

Some answers from God come quickly, but others take time. God’s word to us is that we are not to give up. I am praying asking God to heal my heart so that I can serve Him again 100%. His answer has not been to miraculously touch my heart and instantly make me well. He could do that if He wanted to do so. I have to trust Him. He knows what He is doing.

I have to remind myself that there are more important things to pray about than praying for my own health. God has given you and I the ministry of intercession. It is more important for me to pray for those around me than to pray for myself. God knows my needs. He is going to take care of me.

Application

I will pray and not give up. I will pray more for others more than I do for myself. I will believe what the Psalmist says in Psalm 4, “You can be sure of this: The Lord set apart the godly for himself. The Lord will answer when I call to him.”

Prayer

Heavenly Father, may your name be honored. May your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, as we also forgive everyone who sins against us. Keep us from falling into sin when we are tempted. 

No comments: