Tuesday, January 31, 2012

God Is a God Of Magnificent Detail! …

Exodus 28,29; Acts 7


God Is a God Of Magnificent Detail! …
And He Did It All Just For You!


Scripture

Acts 7


46 “David found favor with God and asked for the privilege of building a permanent Temple for the God of Jacob. 47 But it was Solomon who actually built it. 48 However, the Most High doesn’t live in temples made by human hands. As the prophet says,


 49 ‘Heaven is my throne,
      and the earth is my footstool.
   Could you build me a temple as good as that?’
      asks the LORD.
   ‘Could you build me such a resting place?
    50 Didn’t my hands make both heaven and earth?’ 

Observation

Our God is a God of extreme detail. As I read this morning in Exodus 28 and 29 I was amazed how God wanted the priest to be dressed. Here is an example of what I read: 

Exodus 28


2 Make sacred garments for Aaron that are glorious and beautiful.
 3 Instruct all the skilled craftsmen whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom. Have them make garments for Aaron that will distinguish him as a priest set apart for my service. 4 These are the garments they are to make: a chestpiece, an ephod, a robe, a patterned tunic, a turban, and a sash.


5 So give them fine linen cloth, gold thread, and blue, purple, and scarlet thread. 

 6 “The craftsmen must make the ephod of finely woven linen and skillfully embroider it with gold and with blue, purple, and scarlet thread. 7 It will consist of two pieces, front and back, joined at the shoulders with two shoulder-pieces. 8 The decorative sash will be made of the same materials: finely woven linen embroidered with gold and with blue, purple, and scarlet thread.


15 “Then, with great skill and care, make a chestpiece to be worn for seeking a decision from God. Make it to match the ephod, using finely woven linen embroidered with gold and with blue, purple, and scarlet thread. 16 Make the chestpiece of a single piece of cloth folded to form a pouch nine inches square.


17 Mount four rows of gemstones on it. The first row will contain a red carnelian, a pale-green peridot, and an emerald. 18 The second row will contain a turquoise, a blue lapis lazuli, and a white moonstone. 19 The third row will contain an orange jacinth, an agate, and a purple amethyst. 20 The fourth row will contain a blue-green beryl, an onyx, and a green jasper. All these stones will be set in gold filigree. 21 Each stone will represent one of the twelve sons of Israel, and the name of that tribe will be engraved on it like a seal.


This is just a tiny part of the instructions that God gave them as to how He wanted the priests dressed. 

When I read the section about how all of the precious stones were to be placed on the chestpiece I thought of John’s description of Heaven in the book of Revelation and all of the precious stones found there.


If God was this detailed on what someone was going to wear that came into His presence here on earth can you imagine what it is going to be like in Heaven? Oh my goodness…


Stephen’s next statement was what got him stoned to death, “But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”


I used to pray and ask God to let me see into Heaven. After my heart attack and after dying multiple times while I was in the hospital that is not something that I think that I am going to pray anymore. (By the way … I don’t remember getting to see Heaven any of the times that I quit breathing and they had to resuscitate me)! 

 Heaven is going to be glorious. It is going to be beyond our wildest dreams. It will be beyond all that we can imagine or think! God is so good. I don’t need to see it ahead of time!


God is a God of magnificent detail! Just look around today at everything that His Hands have created.


Everything that you see today that God created was created with you in mind. He did all of this just for you.  

Application


I will praise God for His wonderful creation as I go through this day. How about you?



Prayer

O LORD, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!


Your glory is higher than the heavens. You have taught children and infants to tell of your strength, silencing your enemies and all who oppose you. When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers— the moon and the stars you set in place—


What are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them? Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor.


You gave them charge of everything you made, putting all things under their authority— the flocks and the herds and all the wild animals, the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea, and everything that swims the ocean currents.


O LORD, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth! Psalm 8


No comments: