Sunday, January 22, 2012

Moses…”What Is That In Your Hand?” How God Can Use Us To Do “God Size” Task!


Exodus 3,4,5; Luke 22

Moses…”What Is That In Your Hand?” How God Can Use Us To Do “God Size” Task!

Scripture 

Exodus 4

1 Moses answered, “What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you’?” 

 2 Then the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?”
   “A staff,” he replied. 

 3 The LORD said, “Throw it on the ground.” 

   Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he ran from it. 4 Then the LORD said to him, “Reach out your hand and take it by the tail.” So Moses reached out and took hold of the snake and it turned back into a staff in his hand.

 5 “This,” said the LORD, “is so that they may believe that the LORD, the God of their fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has appeared to you.” 

Observation

Moses had plenty of excuses why he could not do what God told him to do. It is so easy to think that we can’t do what God has asked us to do. It is easy to make excuses. 

Everyone one of us have talents and abilities that God wants to use. The truth is though that none of us can do what God wants us to do in our own strength. God showed Moses that all he had to do was to allow God to work through him and he could accomplish this God size task!

Moses was a shepherd. His staff was used for many purposes. He was probably skilled at using it to protect the sheep. When he put what was in his hand (his staff) into God’s hand it became an unbelievable force. 

What is in your hand? Are you a skilled musician? Maybe you are a good administrator or successful in business? Some of you are very good at construction and some of you are very good with children, or with youth, or with preschoolers. 

Here is what has to happen before God can use you to accomplish a “God Size” task -you have to take that skill or talent out of your own hands and give it to the Lord. 

God has made you a 10 in some area! You excel in some area and God wants to use that talent/skill to further His Kingdom. Think about it. Don’t make excuses. Give your talents, abilities, and skills to the Lord and watch what happens. 

He will use you to complete a “God Size” task!

Application

I will take my abilities, skills, and my talents out of my hands and give them to God. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love the story of Moses. It helps me realize that You can use any of us that are willing to give You what is in our hands and let You use us to further Your Kingdom. I pray that You would help me not make excuses for why I cannot serve You. I have no excuse. You can and You will do incredible things through me as long as I am yielded to You. 

I pray for Pastor Bruce today. Use Him to further Your Kingdom. May Your words penetrate hearts as He shares them and I pray that people would be saved today! Amen.

No comments: