Friday, January 13, 2012

Divinely Favored – Do You realize How Blessed You Are Today? Get Your Chin Up!

Genesis 31,32,33; Luke 13

Divinely Favored – Do You realize How Blessed You Are Today? Get Your Chin Up!

Scripture

Luke 13
 35 "Look, your house is left empty. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.' "—(Psalm 118:26)

Psalm 118
26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.
      From the temple of the Lord we bless you.
 27 The Lord is God.
      He has made the light of his favor shine on us.

28 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you.
      You are my God, and I will honor you.
 29 Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good.
      His faithful love continues forever.

Observation

As I read the daily Bible reading I noticed that Jesus quoted from Psalm 118. Have you read Psalm 118 lately? Why not read it right now! It will only take you a couple of minutes. It is one of my favorite Psalms. Jesus took this verse to share His heart about how He felt for those that rejected Him in Jerusalem. It is also the way Jesus Christ feels about those that reject Him today.

Luke 13
34 "Jerusalem! Jerusalem! You kill the prophets and throw stones in order to kill those who are sent to you.

Many times I have wanted to gather your people together. I have wanted to be like a hen who gathers her chicks under her wings. But you would not let me!

 35 "Look, your house is left empty. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.' "—(Psalm 118:26)

The word “Blessed” means Divinely favored. Jesus Christ God’s Son is “Divinely favored”. Do you remember what God the Father said about His Son when John baptized Jesus the Baptist or what He said about His Son when Elijah and Moses visited with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?

 Matthew 3

16 So Jesus was baptized. As soon as he came up out of the water, the sky opened, and he saw God’s Spirit coming down on him like a dove. 17 A voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the one I love. I am very pleased with him.”

Luke 9

34-35 While he was babbling on like this, a light-radiant cloud enveloped them. As they found themselves buried in the cloud, they became deeply aware of God. Then there was a voice out of the cloud: "This is my Son, the Chosen! Listen to him."

When you and I share the Good News about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with people we are also “Blessed”. God also Divinely favors us. 

Just look with me at Psalm 118:26-27

26 Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord.
      From the temple of the Lord we bless you.
 27 The Lord is God.
      He has made the light of his favor shine on us.

If you and I are living for God today then we should have our chins up.

We should have big smiles on our faces because God favors us. The light of His favor is shining on us! Wow! This truth alone should make our day!

 Application

I am a Christ Follower. I am blessed because I go out in the name of the Lord. I will thank God today for allowing His favor to shine on me. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is my prayer to You today found in Psalm 118:23-24; 28-29

 23 This is the LORD’s doing, and it is wonderful to see.  24 This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.

28 You are my God, and I will give thanks to you.  You are my God, and I will honor you. 29 Give thanks to the Lord, because he is good. His faithful love continues forever. Amen.

No comments: