Thursday, September 28, 2006

Do You Want to be Blessed?


Zechariah 1; Zechariah 2; Zechariah 3; Luke 11

Scripture

Luke 11:27 “As Jesus was saying these things, a woman in the crowd called out, "Blessed is the mother who gave you birth and nursed you." He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."



Observation

The key to being a blessed person and the key to having God smile on you and his face shine on you can be summed up in one “obedience”. If you are obedient to God then He will bless you! I don’t know about you, but I want to be a person blessed by God. Matthew 6:33 gives us the same message as it says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” I have been thinking all week about the prophet Daniel. The angel Gabriel told Daniel that he was a man that was highly esteemed. I want to be highly esteemed by God. Obedience is the key!


Application

Am I being obedient in every area of my life? Show me any area of disobedience Lord.



Prayer

Lord, you are worthy to receive praise! Show me Lord any area where I am being disobedient and convict me until I have confessed every sin. I want you to bless me and I want to be a blessing to other people. Help me to obey you the moment you speak to my heart. I want to hear you when you speak.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: