Saturday, September 30, 2006

Go Tell That Fox!

Zechariah 7; Zechariah 8; Zechariah 9; Luke 13

Scripture

Luke 13:31 "At that time some Pharisees came to Jesus and said to him, "Leave this place and go somewhere else. Herod wants to kill you."
32He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.' 33In any case, I must keep going today and tomorrow and the next day—for surely no prophet can die outside Jerusalem!
34"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 35Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

Observation

Anybody that doesn’t think that Jesus was tough needs to read this passage! Pharisees had come trying to warn Jesus that Herod was going to kill him, but Jesus replied, “Go tell that fox…”. Jesus was going to die, but he was going to do it according to his plan. No man could touch him until he was ready to be arrested. He was going to heal and work miracles until the appointed day came and then he would allow him self to be arrested and be put to death.

Application

Rebuking someone is not easy and sometimes it is easier just to let it go, but sometimes we have to rebuke if we are going to help someone.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for showing us how strong Jesus was as he walked on this earth. He was tough, a man’s man. He had no fear of people like we have. Help me to be strong. Help me help men to be all that you want them to be.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Eddy,

Twice I tried to reply to Saturday's Blog and half way through my response my computer shut down. Hopefully, I will at least get this one out. Maybe God did not want me posting what I was going to say, who knows? I had more of a wrotten week than then you know!!

Any way, I related to the Blog in several different ways and really needed Sunday's Message!!

As always, Thank You for your Dedication as our Wonderful Pastor!!

Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

Sorry that you couldn't post what you wanted to. I think I need to reread what I wrote and see if I said something that was offensive.

Thanks for writing and hopefully this week will be 1000% better!

Eddy

Beth said...

there was nothing offensive!!
It just really hit home for me in a couple of different ways!!!

Thanks again!
Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

I am glad to hear that! Hopefully we will see you in a few minutes for small group!

Eddy