Thursday, September 21, 2006

Need to get away?

Daniel 7; Daniel 8; Psalm 137; Luke 4

Scripture

Luke 4:42 “At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them.”


Observation

Have you ever felt like that you just needed to get away? Jesus did. And so Jesus went out to a solitary place early in the morning. There is a lesson for us here in this verse. We need to take time to get alone with the Lord on a regular basis. Right at this very moment I feel emotionally drained. I need to get away and just spend time with the Lord. Even if it is just for a few minutes, I need to go to a solitary place.


Application

In a few moments, I am going to walk out of my office and go spend some time with God. I need my emotional gas tank refilled and the only way to do that is to spend time with him.



Prayer

Father, I am looking forward to time with you. Time when I am not distracted with phone calls or emails that I need to write. I am glad to know that you will be there the moment I call on you. You are waiting on me. Thank you for giving me this verse this week, “I will wait on the Lord, my soul waits, and in your word I will put my hope.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: