Saturday, September 02, 2006

Can’t Blame Everything on Your Dad!

Ezekiel 17; Ezekiel 18; Ezekiel 19; Revelation 7

Scripture

Ezekiel 18:20 “The soul who sins is the one who will die. The son will not share the guilt of the father, nor will the father share the guilt of the son.
30 "Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!”

Observation

My Dad never took us to church. The only time he mentioned God’s name was using it with a curse word! You would have thought that he and Jesus were on a first name basis as much as he used Jesus’ Name. I am glad that I don’t have to pay for my Dad’s sins. God doesn’t hold his life against me! The message is to all of us is “Repent and Live”! His mother was a Godly woman and she did impact my life. I believe that I am a Christian today because of my grandmother!


Application

I need to influence my grandchildren and help them walk with the Lord. I pray that they would be drawn to him and not follow the way of the world.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me continue to influence my grown children and my grandchildren. Help me to set an example of what a Christian should be. Thank you for saving my grandmother and allowing her to touch my life.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

I am thankful that you picked me up on the church bus so many years ago, at Spencer. I am who Iam today because you and Kathy were devoted to God.
I need to Email you and tell you about meeting David and Cindy Wiles. It was a hoot. They sure love you guys.
I pray for you and your family everyday, you are in my prayer journal.

Paulette said...

Actually click on my name and read my blog post about it. Its under Sunday.

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

I am glad that you met Cindy and Dennis. They are a lot of fun. I will read what you wrote on your blog.

Eddy