Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Then they will know that I am the Sovereign LORD!


Ezekiel 29; Ezekiel 30; Ezekiel 31; Ezekiel 32; Revelation 11

Scripture

Ezekiel 29:16 “Egypt will no longer be a source of confidence for the people of Israel but will be a reminder of their sin in turning to her for help. Then they will know that I am the Sovereign LORD.”


Observation

Ezekiel prophesized against Egypt and predicts its destruction. Their destruction will be so that they will know that the Lord is Sovereign! God uses nations for His purposes. He brings down one nation with another nation. No leader stays in power unless Sovereign God allows it. He will redeem his people even after allowing them to be taken into captivity.

Application

I think of Cuba and other nations like it where the leaders seem to be dead set against God and are so evil. Yet God has his purpose for allowing those leaders to stay in power. I don’t believe Castro will stay in power one second longer than our Sovereign God wants. The church has flourished in Cuba because of the persecution. Romans 8:28 says, “That God causes all things to work to the good of those that love him.” I have to keep reminding myself that God is sovereign and he is in control.

Prayer

Father, you bring down nations and raise up nations according to your will. You are Sovereign and worthy to be praised. May your will be done in countries like Cuba, Korea, Iran, the Sudan etc, and may many in those countries come to know you in spite of the persecution and harsh ungodly leaders.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Great post Eddy. I have such a deep love for Missions. I so want to be used in the area of Missions. I am planning to go to Africa this next time with Hugh and Milie. I want to badly.
I will be praying for you as you go to Cuba, that God would work mightily.
I joined the choir at First Baptist Arlington last night. Dennis spoke to the choir for 30 minutes and asked if we would support the staff in 3 services instead of 2??? He said you would only have to be here at 6:30 AM.
Love Ya

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

We are starting a second worship service on September 17th, but we are not going to have a choir for both.

I can't imagine having three services!

Cuba trip was cancelled. The government wouldn't issue our visas to be able to travel to the country this week.

We may be able to make the trip at a later date. So we will see what can be worked out.

Eddy

Paulette said...

Oh I am sorry about your trip. How sad. Second service is awesome, that means growth and great preachin.
Your great!! Paulette