Friday, September 15, 2006

The Most Important Book Ever!
Is Your Name in This Book?

Ezekiel 38; Ezekiel 39; Psalm 145; Revelation 20

Scripture

Revelation 20:14 “Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”

Observation

One of our 7 granddaughters had her picture in a small local paper this week! Of course, Kathy and I are proud of that fact! In fact, we are very proud of all of our grandchildren and we brag about whatever they do! As neat, as it is to have one’s name or picture in a local newspaper there is one book that is way more important to have your name in! That book is mentioned in Revelation 20:15; it is the book of life.

Is your name in that book?

How can you have your name written in that book? If you are serious and really want to spend eternity in Heaven then you must place your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. You must believe that He died on the cross for your sins. You must repent! Repent means that you turn from your life of self and sin and turn to God. Ask him to forgive you and ask him to save you! My name was entered into the book of life when I gave my life to Christ at the age of 19. He has never left me and I have always had the assurance that the moment I die I will be in Heaven with Jesus.

Application

It is so easy to lose focus and forget that our primary task on planet earth as believers is to spread the Good News to all that live around us so that they will have the opportunity to have their name in the book of life. How many folks have we helped get their names in that book?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, please bring people into my life that need to hear about Jesus. Help me to stay focused on the main task and help me not be sidelined with other stuff that is not nearly as important. Thank you that my name is written in the book of life!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: