Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Good News of Great Joy!

Ezekiel 47; Ezekiel 48; Luke 2

Scripture

Luke 2:8 “And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."

Observation

I guess I am always wondering why things happen the way they happen, do you do that too? Why did God choose to share the “Good News of Great Joy” of the birth of Christ to a group of lowly shepherds first? I can think of several good reasons and you can probably think of a few more. I wonder what happened to those shepherds later. Did they have the opportunity to hear Christ preach and did it cause them to remember the night of his birth? Did they later become followers/disciples of Christ?

Application

I never grow tired of reading the story of the birth of our Savior. Today I am going to have Christmas in September and think all day of the Christmas story! It sure is “Good News of Great Joy”


Prayer

Father, thank you for sending someone into my life years ago to share with me about Jesus. I do not deserve to be your child, but thank you for adopting me. I know that I am not worthy to be called your son, but thank you for allowing me to become one of your children. I am full of great joy today because I belong to you!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Hey Eddy,
How are you. I read your post today and thought it funny I joined the choir at First Baptist a couple weeks ago and tonight we sang Christmas music in September.
We are going to Join First Baptist soon, we really love it and caleb loves the youth program.
Its great how God has worked here.
Miss yall wish we could see you and Kathy.

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

Our Choir has begun to work on their Christmas music too!

Impossible...not...with God all things are possible

We love you!

Eddy