Saturday, September 23, 2006

For out of the overflow!


Daniel 11; Daniel 12; Luke 6

Scripture

Luke 6:45 “The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.”

Observation

Have you ever had someone say, “I know that he/she said that but they are not really like that”! The Bible says differently. This passage says that what your heart is full of will slosh out and splash out on everybody. When I hear someone say bad, negative, hurtful remarks I think of this verse. “…For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.”

Application

I need to keep my heart filled with God’s Word so the overflow of my heart will be pleasing to Him.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to stay in your Word. When hurtful, negative, mean things come out of my mouth help me to realize that I need to spend time in your Word. I pray that today will go according to your plan. I pray that the picnic will be a life changing experience for someone as Jon Reed shares Christ. Please touch lives today at the ski party and the picnic.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: