Sunday, October 17, 2010

Full of the Holy Spirit

Job 1; Job 2; Acts 6; Acts 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Full of the Holy Spirit

Scripture

Acts 6

8 Stephen, a man full of God’s grace and power, performed amazing miracles and signs among the people.

15 At this point everyone in the high council stared at Stephen, because his face became as bright as an angel’s.

Acts 7

54 The Jewish leaders were infuriated by Stephen’s accusation, and they shook their fists at him in rage. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 56 And he told them, “Look, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand!”

Observation

I have asked God to let me see into Heaven like Stephen did, but I don’t want to experience what Stephen experienced for that opportunity. This is an amazing story of God’s power and grace. Stephen was full of God’s Holy Spirit, so full that his face became as bright as an angel’s. Amazing!

Do our faces shine this morning? Can people see Jesus in us? Here are a couple of lessons from this story. Stephen was doing exactly what God wanted him to do and was put to death because of it. So following Christ and being obedient to Him doesn’t mean that we will not suffer.

Getting to peek into Heaven comes at a high price and we all need to be ready to suffer for Christ. Am I ready? Are you?

Application

I want to allow God to fill me completely with His Holy Spirit and I want to shine for Jesus. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be totally obedient. I want to draw people to You. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit. I want You to be in control of my life today. I pray that people today will respond to the Gospel. I pray for a movement of Your Holy Spirit in our church today. Come in power Lord Jesus. Come.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: