Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why Do You Love Us So Much?

Job 6; Job 7; Job 8; Acts 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Why Do You Love Us So Much?

Scripture

Job 7

17 “What are people, that you should make so much of us,
that you should think of us so often?
18 For you examine us every morning
and test us every moment.

Observation

Job is being severely tested and he is crying out to God. He is covered with maggots and scabs. He is being tormented by three friends that have come to tell him what he has done wrong in their opinions. It was bad enough to have his family killed and everything he owned taken away, but now he has to listen to three guys chastise him and rake him over the coals for stuff he hasn’t done.

But Job’s question is huge, “Why does God make over us so much?” Why are we so important to Him? Why does He love us so much? Of course Job was not feeling like God loved him at the moment. He was under a severe season of testing that hopefully we will never have to go through.

But his statement is very true, “God does think of us constantly” and I am very glad that He does. We don’t deserve His attention. We are created beings. We are on this earth only for a very short time, but God is Eternal. And think He thinks of you and me all the time. It is amazing!

Application

I will thank the Lord today all day long for His loving kindness that I do not deserve.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, to think that at this moment You are thinking of me or of the people around me is amazing. None of us deserve this kind of attention. Help me to at least please You today with the way I go through this day. I pray for Your direction. Help me to live in a way today that will glorify You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: