Sunday, October 10, 2010

Paradise!

Nehemiah 3; Nehemiah 4; Luke 23
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Paradise!

Scripture

Luke 23

39 One of the criminals hanging beside him scoffed, “So you’re the Messiah, are you? Prove it by saving yourself—and us, too, while you’re at it!”

40 But the other criminal protested, “Don’t you fear God even when you have been sentenced to die? 41 We deserve to die for our crimes, but this man hasn’t done anything wrong.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

43 And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Observation

When I hear on television about the senseless murders that happen each week in our city I realize that we are a long way from paradise. People murdering people for hardly any reason at all. Life does not have value to so many people.

This was the case with these two criminals that found themselves on each side of Jesus. One began to join all the other people in making fun of Jesus, but the other one realized who Jesus was and cried out to him in brokenness and Jesus responded to his cry for help.

So often we see people make decisions for Christ, but are those decisions real. I think we would have doubted this man’s decision to follow Christ, but Christ knew it was real.

Application

I will pray for those in church today that they make life-changing decisions to follow Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, today is Friend Day at church and I know that a lot of guests will be at our church today. I pray that in that mix of people that there would be people that would recognize their need for Christ and they would put their faith and trust in Christ to save them. Give them understanding and help them make real life changing decisions. Since I cannot see each heart I will trust that their decision is genuine and I pray that we can help them grow in Christ.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: