Saturday, October 09, 2010

He Saw That…

Nehemiah 1; Nehemiah 2; Psalm 133; Luke 22
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


He Saw That…

Scripture

Luke 22

61 At that moment the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Suddenly, the Lord’s words flashed through Peter’s mind: “Before the rooster crows tomorrow morning, you will deny three times that you even know me.” 62 And Peter left the courtyard, weeping bitterly.

Observation

Sometimes when we sin we think that we have gotten away with it because no one saw what we did…sort of dumb to think that because our Lord doesn’t miss anything that we do whether it is good or bad.

It was on the third denial that the Lord turned and looked at Peter. Now obviously Jesus knew when Peter denied him the first time and then the second time, but on the third time their eyes met and Peter was convicted of his sin. And Peter left the courtyard, weeping bitterly.

All of us are going to sin, but it is what we do after we sin that is so important. We need to realize that Jesus sees and knows all about what we did. What He wants us to do is to come to Him with a broken and contrite heart over the sin and He wants us to ask Him for forgiveness.

Application

I will confess my sins today as they happen and I will ask God to forgive me. I will ask Him to make it obvious to me when I mess up.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am a sinner. Thank You for giving me forgiveness for my sins. I know that I will not go to hell because of my sins because Jesus has paid the penalty for my sins. I have asked Him to come into my life and save me and He did that a long time ago. But today I want to confess my sins as I commit them. Make it plain to me when I mess up. Don’t let me move away from You because of Unconfessed sin in my life. Guide me through this day so that it is profitable for Your kingdom. Don’t let me waste time today on things that don’t really count. I pray for the team today as they travel back from Nashville that you keep them safe.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: